Recruiting a candidate for a job can be challenging, recruiting a candidate with the knowledge, skills, and behaviours you require is even more challenging! The Devon Jobs team are recruitment experts that support you to navigate the recruitment advertising maze and work with you to help identify your target audience and attract quality applicants.
Here are some useful pointers to get you started on your recruitment journey.
- Think about the job title. Job search algorithms pick up significant kekeywordsso keep your title relevant and meaningful and relatable to the job. Avoid abbreviations and internal terms and phrases as it will limit your market.
- Review the job description, does it make sense, does it explain what the job involves and what a typical day in the life of someone in this role would be like?
- Think about who your target audience is and what skills and attributes are important for the candidate to have.
- Write an attention-grabbing advert. This is your opportunity to sell your vacancy to the candidates that you want to apply. Include the top five priorities for job seekers: salary and renumeration, location and commute, work-life balance, benefits, and career advancement opportunities.
- Think about your budget. Targeting your advert will ensure that it reaches the right audience. The Devon Jobs team help you with this.
We have a selection of packages to suit all budgets. Our recommended approach would be a blend of digital job board and social media advertising available in the Gold and Platinum options. Using our network of advertisers, we can also recommend and arrange any additional media options for you to ensure that you will get the best response and from the audience that you wish to target.