The Attachment Based Mentoring Programme aims to meet the specific needs of children who are most in need, by providing them with a significant adult in school who will become a safe base and is able to provide relational support through coaching and mentoring.
This three day training draws on theories and research from the fields of attachment, coaching and resilience, ABM is a comprehensive practical guide as to what to do and how to be to ensure that the individual needs of each child are met.
The approach aims to enable children to feel safe, connected, and capable - forming positive relationships and enjoying learning.
- Understand the needs of all children including the most vulnerable and how they can find it difficult to engage with learning
- Learn how to become the child’s significant adult
- Meet attachment needs by considering the mentoring relationship
- Develop solution focused coaching and mentoring skills
- Consider the wider role of the mentor in terms of social learning, advocacy and practical support
This course is aimed at: Teachers and Teaching Assistants who will be Attachment Based Mentors and Senior Leaders who have a responsibility for student support and wellbeing.
Did you know that you can now undertake ABM training via our Online Learning Platform - learn at your own pace, at a time convenient to you.
Blended Learning Approach through: Videos | Audio guides | Reading and exploration | Interactive activities | Personal reflection | Community forum