NASENCO award - the south west consortium
The National Award for SEN Coordination is a postgraduate qualification, which is mandatory for teachers new to the role of SENCO and would be beneficial for experienced SENCOs. Other teachers in schools or Further Education settings may also be eligible to gain the qualification.
Wherever possible we aim to deliver the SENCo Award as a face-to-face course but due to Covid-19 some of our 2023-24 delivery may take a blended approach.
The Award is offered through the South West Consortium consisting of the University of Exeter and the University of Plymouth, working in conjunction with the local authorities of:
You will benefit from:
- Six taught face-to-face days
- Local LA (Local Authority) context for learning through face-to-face and virtual learning support and resources
- Professional learning community
- Networking with local SENCOs and sharing good practice
- High-quality local tutors with extensive expertise, experience, and knowledge
- High-quality formative feedback
Find out more
If you are a SENCO in BCP or Dorset or would like to apply to the University of Exeter programme please contact Sandy Allan: [email protected]
If you are a SENCO in Cornwall, Devon, Plymouth or Somerset or would like to apply to the University of Plymouth programme please contact Victoria Bamsey: [email protected]
PgCert The National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination - University of Plymouth