Health and safety consultancy for schools and academies
The Devon Health and Safety Service supports schools, academies, independent schools and colleges to fulfill their legal duties in relation to health and safety (H&S) matters. The service provides specialist advice and practical support on a wide range of H&S issues relating to employees, premises, pupils and students, visitors, contractors, activities, security, equipment, off-site activities, work experience, emergencies and curriculum safety.
Our Health and Safety Advisers are qualified to graduate or Chartered level with the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and hold additional qualifications in fire safety. The service is an IOSH-approved training provider. We provide services at your establishment and aim to provide solutions in accordance with the principles of sensible and proportional risk management.
How can we support your school or academy?
- Acting as the Competent Person under Regulation 7 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Subscription service
- Provision of health and safety information and arrangements that are reviewed regularly in line with new legislation, good practice and case law
- Access to CLEAPSS, Evolve and an online H&S Management System for recording accidents and incidents
- Radiological Protection Advisory Service through CLEAPSS
- Helpdesk for subscribing schools with immediate access to a qualified H&S Adviser
- Pay per course access to virtual and face-to-face training
Benefits of our subscription service
- A package of services ensuring excellent value for money
- Year-round assistance to key school personnel
- Assistance with meeting your legal duties under H&S Legislation
- On-demand access to quality advice, H&S Arrangements and model risk assessments
- H&S Review visits to assist you in your active monitoring and provide a prioritised action plan